Everyone wants to keep their iPhone battery as long as possible. But sometimes we don’t understand what causes battery degradation. In this blog, we will talk about charging cycle and how they affect your iPhone battery health.

What is a charging cycle?

Before understanding charging cycles, it is important to know that iPhones use lithium-ion batteries. These batteries offer great performance, but their capacity decreases over time. Charging cycles are a part of this process.

A charging cycle does not mean that you have charged from 0% to 100% once. In fact, it is called using the full capacity of the battery once. For example, if you use your iPhone from 100% to 50% on one day and use it from 50% to 0% on the next day, it will be considered as one charging cycle. Similarly, if you do several short charges throughout the day, they can also be included in a single charging cycle.

How do charging cycles affect battery health?

With each charging cycles, the maximum capacity of the battery gradually decreases. This is the natural process of lithium-ion batteries. Apple says that under ideal conditions, the iPhone battery can retain up to 80% of its original capacity even after 500 charging cycles. In later models of the iPhone 14, this capacity increases to 1000 charging cycles.

This means that the more often you charge your iPhone, the faster its battery capacity will decrease. For example, if you charge your phone several times a day, its battery may deteriorate quickly.

How do I check battery health?

You can easily check the battery health of your iPhone. For this, follow these steps:

  • Open the Settings app.
  • Go to the Battery section.
  • Tap Battery Health & Charging.
  • Here, you’ll find two important pieces of information:
  • Maximum Capacity: This shows your battery’s current capacity as a percentage of its original capacity.
  • Performance Capacity: This tells you how well your battery is working. If it’s “Normal,” that means your battery is still working properly.

Tips to improve battery health

Although charging cycles cause battery capacity to decrease, you can slow it down by doing a few things:

Avoid excessive charging: Avoid charging your iPhone to 100% and discharging to 0%. Try to keep the battery between 20% and 80%.

Use Optimized Battery Charging: This feature helps your iPhone learn when you’re charging at night to see when you wake up in the morning. Then, it charges up to 80% and charges the remaining 20% ​​just before you wake up in the morning.

Avoid hot temperatures: Extreme heat can damage the battery. Don’t leave your iPhone in direct sunlight or in a hot car.

Don’t use fake chargers: Always use chargers certified by Apple. Fake chargers can damage your battery.

Keep your iPhone updated: Apple regularly releases software updates that can help improve battery performance.

Conclusion

Charging cycles affect your iPhone’s battery health, but with some precautions, you can slow it down. By following the above tips, you can increase your battery life and enjoy your iPhone for a longer time.

Previous articleHow do Graphic Designers Convert JPG to PDF
Next articleReset iPhone Passcode Without Erasing All Data

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here